Forum

Forum

Who is 'The Govner'???????

ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

Just pondering who this 'Govner' (Jerry) is. Is he a roadie? Is he a fan that tries to attend almost every show? Always was curious as I have seen many, many recordings credited to him/her and would like to take this time to thank him/her for their fantastic work bringing us superb quality recordings. Thanks again 'Govner', whoever you are ;)
acdc74
Member #760

Num Posts: 1,069

I would like to know more about the Govner as well. From what I have gathered over the years, his name is Jerry B. and he has taped tons of AC/DC and other band shows. I want to say that I read some of his intimate posts before. I live in the Detroit area and I could swear (unless I am confusing his story with another taper) that he had a close friend die in this area (Detroit) who also taped a bunch of shows (mainly Metallica). I am going by memory but I think the Govner may live in Tennessee. No matter what, I would like to know the specifics as well especially since Jerry should be applauded for all his great work and dedication over the years to taping shows. Scotty from Detroit (acdc74)
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

"I am going by memory but I think the Govner may live in Tennessee." You are correct Scotty, as I just found his MySpace page while doing a Google search, however I don't have an account anymore here and cannot view anything. his name is Jerry Brown who lives in Knoxville, both which you were accurate, TN. Wow, not too far from where I live, have to hook up with him over some beers!! Maybe someone can give us a little more info on matters like how close he is with the band when taping these shows and if there are any "secret" recordings out there he is grasping a tight hold on!!!
rhece6
Member #2,168

Num Posts: 380

Jerry B aka 'The Govner' is a very active member at Dimeadozen where he posts a lot of his shows from the Tennessee, Kentucky and Indiana areas. If you're a member there you can message him directly if you want, I'm sure he would appreciate it and would answer any questions you had. His user tag at Dime is 'The_Govner' I don't think he has any connections to bands, he's just a taping enthusiast who attends a lot of shows and has done so since the mid 80's. And lucky he still does, because his recordings rule!
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ Thanks for that info rhece6 ;)
LooseLipsSinkShips
Member #25,785

Num Posts: 460

Such a great taper, we salute you!
musicdreams7999
Member #24,670

Num Posts: 517

in the mid 80's he used a walkman
The Govner
Member #139

Num Posts: 4

That would be me! Most of what has been said already is true. I've been a bit lazy lately due to the meds I use to keep my anxiety in check. The basics.... Jerry Brown Knoxville TN 54 years old Single with no strings so I attend a lot of concerts. I've been an active taper since Halloween 1985 (SRV was my first bootleg!) All my AC/DC masters have been posted except AC-DC 1986-09-07 Allen County War Memorial Ft Wayne IN USA which I can not find the master tape of Loudness & the encore. Links My blog (not much happening there but it has a few posts of my past concert experiences) http://ontourwiththegovner.blogspot.com/ Facebook https://www.facebook.com/govner1958 Thanks for all the kind words and I'm glad you all like my recordings! I just wished I would have started 10 years sooner so I could have some Bon Scott shows to share.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ lol, hey Jerry nice of you to "drop by"!! Wow, this is your second post since you became a member here, must be at all those concerts getting some good recordings with quality sound ;) I know what ya mean regarding anxiety/meds, same problem here in which the big one hit in 2010 for me. Love your FB page with all the ticket scans. You went to all of those concerts? You should be entered into the Guiness Book of World Records for most attended shows by single person! That is a sh*tload of shows you went to. Thanks again for replying, now I know a little about the great guy who tapes these shows for us fans to enjoy and I appreciate all your work and time spent (as well as $$$) into getting these. Cheers man ;) BTW, love the Ron White photo you took at the Greensboro 2009 show. He is one of my favorite comedians along with Larry Cable Guy, Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engval, and Jeff Dunham.
The Govner
Member #139

Num Posts: 4

Yeah I go to a lot of shows but I know there are people who go to more than I do but I doubt that they tape any of them. My ticket collection (by no means is complete documentation but it covers a lot of ground!) at Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/on_tour_with_the_govner/

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.