Forum

Forum

January 7, 1977 -- City Hall, Hobart, Tasmania - VIDEO

jessestorozuk
Member #20,764

Num Posts: 380

for those who have not seen it yet!! i have also posted it in the concert history
tyrock
Member #18,491

Num Posts: 45

wicked stuff! i love finding never before seen gems.
mathius
Member #8,273

Num Posts: 56

Wonderful!!! Thanks a lot!!
acdcrocks4ever!
Member #25,730

Num Posts: 205

This is really great piece of AC/DC footage that needs to be out there more..nice find btw jesse! LET THERE BE ROCK!! Keep On Rockin'
RockerBon
Member #10,015

Num Posts: 57

Excellent piece of history thanks Jesse.
Hawksboy
Member #23,988

Num Posts: 135

does mal's top say 'no fucking worries'?! i know he has worn a top which used to say 'no wuckin furries'! haha. far out it'd be awesome if they returned to hobart again. i'd be the first one there! i was born in the wrong generation! imagine if angus was that electric during concerts nowadays! nice find by the way cobber ;)
daclarob
Member #7,861

Num Posts: 769

hmmm seems a bit too good to be true,looks like a cine of a tv screen with added audio,seems the video tends to repeat itself just a wee bit to my mind,
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

I have to agree with Daclarob on this one, the audio does not match the video, for instance look at the 0:58 mark and Bon clearly has the mic down, but at this mark he is still singing. Also, at the 4:32 mark, he lowers his mic after singing, and there is still singing going through a mic in his pants maybe??!!! Thanks anyways for sharing Jesse, but this video looks fishy to me.
jessestorozuk
Member #20,764

it was taken form a old 8mm video. and it's not the whole song/it is out of sync/ and repeated at some points. this is not my video so i can't really say what is wrong or what should be done. but you have to remember the video could have been recored or played back a little slow or fast. it could have been cut (camera turned on and off) during the recording because the person recording was probably limited to the amount of film he/she had.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^Yeah, I did give it thought regarding how a video can be out of sync due to recording or playing back. I know on my DVR for satellite when I record a show, sometimes the audio is out of sync with the video. Also, possibly in this case recording the video and audio off af another playback source like a TV could throw it off too. I wish more of the concert would have been recorded and curious why the rest was not taped only that there may not have been enough media storage (film) to do so as you stated. Regardless, interesting to see any new footage from the Bon era back then, so I guess I shouldn't complain! This video you posted is just another reminder that there are probably many more footage of other shows recorded sitting in someone's basement or stored in boxes somewhere, hoping more videos like this will surface for not just our generation, but future ones as well.
acojeman
Member #25,767

Num Posts: 199

brilliant stuff, it just goes to show there's stuff sitting around in lofts and garages waiting to be discovered. which reminds me shakedown, whatever happened to that tape you said your friends ex wife had, i take it she still has it but won't hand it over, please keep trying, it's too precious to be lost forever. also any news about those dublin demos? anyway at least we've got another little piece of history preserved, i'll be putting this one on dvd.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ Unfortunately, don't think I will be able to obtain this recording. The last time I talked to my neighbor, he said she will not lend it to him and they really are not on good terms since she is a b*tch I guess. He is in Georgia on a job currently, so I have not spoken with him but for now it looks like a dead end. I am trying to get at least photos and the signed poster he claims she has, but if she is the type he says she is, don't think that will fly either. Little disappointed, was hoping she would have borrowed it out so I could get it converted by Nate to a digital format. This would have been a great show to hear.
thunderstruc0
Member #280

Num Posts: 54

This is tremendous, thanks for posting! For an 8mm film, this looks great. Generally 8mm boot films arent this close or crisp. The fact that you can clearly see the expressions on the band member's faces (& the classic shots of Phil counting time) sets this apart. This is awesome.
acojeman
Member #25,767

that's a shame shakedown, she probably dosen't realise how important it is, it could be lost forever. i'm sure you tried everything you could. i don't know the woman but what she's doing is very stupid. sorry, stuff like this i can't understand.
acojeman
Member #25,767

if you have it share it, i should have said also
marteau
Member #25,303

Num Posts: 75

BRILIANT STUFF, thanks million times jessestorozuk!!!!! One of the rarest footage ever seen. I hope we will find more. Dreaming that boys will release movie recorded in dec/jan 76/77 - problem child and babe pls dont go we got from 08.12.1976. are from there. there is a whole show plus backstage and some interviews. obviously this movie still exist, but I hope they waiting for special event - 40 years of playing, to release that!! ANYWAY jessestorozuk, YOU MAKE MY DAY
jessestorozuk
Member #20,764

i think this is the original uploader, it says "January 7th, 1977 Hobart City Hall, Tasmania on 'Dirty Deeds' Australian tour. Raw Super 8 footage matched with concert recording. !!Willing to sell both to film restorer!!! . Enjoy"
LooseLipsSinkShips
Member #25,785

Num Posts: 460

Thanks for sharing this one, always nice to see some early Bon stuff. Cheers.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.