Forum

Forum

Are We Getting A New Album This Year??

LooseLipsSinkShips
Member #25,785

Num Posts: 460

Hi everyone, OK, so I have been reading rumours and have been watching recent interviews with Brian and Cliff, with Brian saying the Young brothers are in the studio. While Cliff is saying nothing is happening yet. I read that the new album was supposed to be coming out around now with a European tour in the Summer? Is this true or just something to get the fans excited? Does anyone else on the forum think we will be getting a new album this year? If not an album, a tour? If they didn't release a new album they could go on tour and play some of the rarer stuff from their 80's albums (FOTS, FOTW), which would be great. Anyone have any thoughts on this one? Cheers, LooseLips.
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

No album No tour.
Hawksboy
Member #23,988

Num Posts: 135

well somewhere i read that there were rumors of aus gig/s following a new album, but with the illness of one of the boys, that is probably not gonna happen. i doubt any of this regardless, but it'd be awesome for them to come back to aus. like you said, would love to hear some fotw etc stuff. by the sounds of it, there probably will be a new album, but knowing the boys, who knows when!
daclarob
Member #7,861

Num Posts: 769

agreed Sap, but given they are the new Stones, i.e. a touring greatest hits album, do we really need a new album?
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

Num Posts: 291

If you guys seriously think they're ever gonna play anything from 'Flick of the Switch' or 'Fly on the Wall' then you're brains have somehow turned into mush. Oh, and there's no album or tour.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

@ LooseLips, here is a link from Kerrang's website in which Angus states there will be an album sometime in 2013: http://www.kerrang.com/blog/2011/05/acdc_to_release_new_album_by_2.html I don't question any member's comments, so there possibly could be one this year, fingers crossed!!
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

LooseLips, here is a more recent interview with Cliff in regards to a new album, just hangin' out and jammin' for now, but no recording of any sort. http://loudwire.com/acdc-cliff-williams-guitarists-angus-malcolm-young-working-material-next-album/ We still have the whole year to go, so it is possible we can see something soon.
thunderstruc0
Member #280

Num Posts: 54

Let's not forget how fast Black Ice was thrust upon us. I still have hope for an album in the fall, maybe a tour in 2014.
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

^ I hear ya there on how fast BI appeared, as far as a tour in 2014, would be nice if they do a venue at Freedom Hall here in Tennessee. I know I read somewhere in a 2011 or 2012 interview one of the guys (Brian or someone) mentioned that the next tour for the next album will not be a long one like BI was, so maybe a year will be it, hopefully they can stretch a 2 year tour, but I will be happy with a year.
LooseLipsSinkShips
Member #25,785

Num Posts: 460

Cheers for all the info guys, much appreciated as always :) Hopefully a new album is on it's way, didn't get chance to see them on the BI tour. Thanks.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.