Forum

Forum

A Question About Madrid 1996

LooseLipsSinkShips
Member #25,785

Num Posts: 460

Hi everyone, I recently found out about something called the Coca Cola planet live radio broadcast from the Madrid 1996 show. All links are dead but was wondering if anyone had any info on this. Is it the complete show? Cheers, LooseLips.
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

If what you are referring to is what I think it is (the version of the concert that is the "soundboard bootleg" version) then no. They cut out just enough to allow for ads to be added back in and fill a programming block. One of the versions that is floating around is a version that was produced by the label and by a company that did a nationally syndicated radio show. They sent the CDs out to the stations to be played at a certain time on a certain day. It contains the commercials and any other identifying information. The other version is the same as above but with the radio stuff cut out.
LooseLipsSinkShips
Member #25,785

Thanks for the info mate! So the Coca Cola version is incomplete with ads. Interesting, so no version contains the full concert. Cheers and thanks.
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

Yeah, I think it was a combination of programming constraints (like when they cut things out of movies on basic cable, yet the movie's time block is longer than the home video version) and the label probably not wanting the full show out for free.
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

I shared both Coca Cola and A Concert broadcast with DC few months ago. Coca link are dead probably because rapidshare sucks a$$ but i believe A Concert broadcast still works. I'm sure if you want the links, many people here can point you to them. Unfortunately I don't have the links anymore and i don't intent to rip the shows again but by now there must be circulating and easy to find. FYI Coca was shared to British stations for broadcast, only 50 Cd's were made.
LooseLipsSinkShips
Member #25,785

Thanks for the info! Think i've still got the links somewhere. Cheers.
chapeau
Member #129

Num Posts: 31

pm me if you wanna have the dvd-rip...
LooseLipsSinkShips
Member #25,785

PM sent! Thanks for the show.
LooseLipsSinkShips
Member #25,785

Great DVD rip! Thanks.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.