Forum

Forum

Dude, no rock star here!

marteau
Member #25,303

Num Posts: 75

great story and concert review from December 75. A big fan of AC / DC, here is a story that I will undoubtedly never forget. I was 14, we were in 1975 in Devonport, Tasmania. High school buddy and I had bought tickets to see a new group of the Australian scene - AC / DC. The album "TNT" had just appeared in record stores and "It's a long way to the top" hit the charts. After day of rest, we went into a basketball arena where the concert was to take place. A local group called "Lava" should do the first part. We wanted AC / DC and yell the name of the group, but his performance Lava continued, ignoring somehow, the impatience of the crowd. After the delivery of Lava, there was a break of about 30 minutes! Electrical excitation very hovered in the room. This climaxed when a voice yelled covering the cries of the public "Ladies and Gentlemen .... AC / DC! "Damn, the shock that you could see on my face and transcribe all the faces when we glimpsed the shadow of the silhouette of Angus drawn by a strobe when he started the intro of" High Voltage! " (1) We had never heard such a volume (2)! It was incredible! I pioneered to be at the forefront, and just stood there, stunned, stunned by what I witnessed! The only thing I could think was "Ouahhhhhhh!" Bon burst on stage, holding a microphone in one hand and turning the cable into one another. Just writing this, I still get chills me down the spine! Well let go "And you ask me why I wear such clothes? "(3)) The mischievous smile, attitude, posture, dance steps, everything that made the legend of Bon was there before me! "Can I sit next to you girl," "I'm a rocker", "TNT", "She's got the Jack", everything is chained so relentless, interrupted only by a sentence between each piece "All right? "This was not without further excite us and made us scream like crazy to pay tribute to Rock'n'Roll AC / DC! That's when the time came to "It's a long way to the top (if you wanna Rock'n'Roll)" Good God. You should see all the kids when he began to play the bagpipes with a wall Marshalls pouring pure sound! There was a moment of silence, a true silence for a few seconds, everyone was stunned, and sat down to applaud such a way that the applause came in to cover the sound of Marshalls. About 40 minutes after the end of the concert, while the crowd was still amazed, Angus was on the front of the stage, feasting on what should be the daily meal during the life of the group on tour. I went to him and thanked him warmly for the amazing concert he had given. He just said, "You want some pie crust? "I was here to share a meal with him straight out of a cafeteria! He added, "You have to come behind the stage, you can discuss with others from the band! "I could not believe it! Malcolm and Dave (4) were deep in conversation! Phil sat, completely exhausted, wearing a towel on his shoulders, and there was Bon, half slumped in a plastic chair, sipping a bottle of! "Hi guys! "He said, rising at once, coming to us to shake hands and thank us for coming to attend the concert. He was a little drunk, but we can not sincere gratitude that we showed! Damn, we were just kids! He wanted to know what school you attended, what bands we liked. Bon was a perfect gentleman! We drank his whiskey, talked about everything and anything. Angus even let me try his SG guitar! You could die right now, we, we had discovered paradise! We talked, they asked questions and joked with them for about an hour! Then came the time for them to leave, so we left the basketball arena. They are crammed into an old Ford, taking with them two garbage bags containing waste what they used! Dude, no rock star here! We shook hands one last time. This meeting was crucial for me, and taught me many things. Now that I am touring internationally with my own group, I never forget from where my inspiration and determination to play rock came from! All this comes from this unique encounter with AC / DC. (1) The opening song was "Live Wire"? (2) Let in this sense, so much energy on stage! (3) This is, of course, the first words of "High Voltage" (4) There is no doubt Mark Evans, rather than Dave! also, there is some pictures with fans from 1975. http://min.us/mzjDG5E0bgZIb
marteau
Member #25,303

Num Posts: 75

new, ok link: http://min.us/mb2zLHAoYRomXD
acdcrocks4ever!
Member #25,730

Num Posts: 205

Unreal. I came from a town near there. When I look at the photos now. I can see them old buildings and I'll tell you now. Devonport has changed a lot. I believe that my old man used to go to that particular high school there. But it wasn't around 1975. I believe it was sometime in the 80's he went there. Nice post btw :)
Hawksboy
Member #23,988

Num Posts: 135

cool acdcrocks4ever!!: im just down the road in hobart!

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.