Forum

Forum

looking for medical term.

sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

I am between Microbial cultivation and Bacterial cultivation. In Greek the terms goes as microbial examination but when i try to search for a US definition i get mostly bacterial that in Greek terms will mean a different thing.Can anyone tell me what u are using most commonly? Thankesen.
sapator
Member #210

Also do you say medical tests or medical examinations?
daclarob
Member #7,861

Num Posts: 769

whit you babbling about now sir?
sapator
Member #210

I know i know but i need to find these for a job, so.
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

I'm not quite sure what you are referring to on the first one (I'm not in a scientific field, so I don't know about that stuff as much...I would take a guess and say they are similar). In my (albeit) limited knowledge, I will say that bacterial cultures are microbial, but microbial cultures aren't necessarily bacterial (one is a more umbrella like term, to put it in musical terms...rock is the umbrella genre, and hard rock is a subset...microbial is the rock and bacteria are the hard rock, if that even makes sense). Onto your second one, if you are referring to checking a culture obtained from someone's mouth to see if they have the flu or something else when they are sick, it's a medical test.
sapator
Member #210

Thanks.I know for a fact the in Greek i would use Microbial term but i didn't see it come up many times on the net. On the second one. So if i go to do a check up and they take blood for analysis, that is a medical test and not medical examination?I don't know test seems more of a common term that would be used in a day to day conversation but examination seems more official.I need the term that a Doctor would use on a result paper. P.S. Microbial (and bacterial) is of course Greek and is split to Micro and Bial(Vio) that is translate to Small + Life(vio = life).So small life, so yes it's the main set.
shmangus
Member #15,010

Num Posts: 65

From my many visits to my doctor over the years; if this makes sense: when I go to see my doctor; I am going for a medical examination. When they take blood, xrays, etc.: they are doing medical tests. I hope this makes sense and helps you.
sapator
Member #210

Thanks so probably medical tests. Also if anyone is still looking, is the correct term surgery or operation? If you take a patient and lay him on the table you are preparing for a sugery or operation? Thanks.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.