Forum

Forum

Site Downtime

BigNate
Member #1

Num Posts: 1,776

Hi folks I'm planning on doing some upgrades to my server Thursday night. This will affect my entire server, and will probably result in the site being down for at least a few hours. I'll be working on getting it running (along with everything else I have on there) most of the night. Since this site isn't a 'money-maker' for me, it'll be one of the last to get updated as I have to keep my clients happy. I'll get it running again as soon as I can, thank you for your patience. Sadly, I'm won't be updating to the new layout at the same time. That is still a ways off.
LooseLipsSinkShips
Member #25,785

Num Posts: 460

Thats OK Nate. Can't wait for the new site!
BDDLuna
Member #25,344

Num Posts: 11

OK, thanks for letting us know and good luck!
Jeffro
Member #25,055

Num Posts: 623

hey were u standin up ? lol hahahaahhaa
TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

Num Posts: 607

Thanks for the news Nate :)
BigNate
Member #1

While I've got the thread open, what do you guys think of the new site so far? I posted this link in the newsletter, but didn't get much feedback. Just curious what everyone thinks & what you guys would like to see. http://acdc-bootlegs.com/newsite/ You can add chat room to the list as well.
TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

Looks great Nate. Can't wait for the new site to launch :)
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

Finally an edit button(?). I can now say stuff and then go back and edit them and then say that i don't have a clue why everyone is cursing me :) Nate look out for the speed because the latest forum scripts i've seen tend to slow the hell out of the site.You might wanna refresh your database indexes also, if you know how to do it.
BigNate
Member #1

Rewrote my own forum again, but this time I knew what I was doing. Definitely have to index things, just have figure it out on my system. Should help though, every little bit of speed is a good thing.
daclarob
Member #7,861

Num Posts: 769

oh no Sap gets to edit stuff now ;)
dailydoseofacdc
Member #2,716

Num Posts: 114

Is there a Sap app we can download to understand him better? I know he doesn't like Anything Goes and I am getting the impression that he's not too wild about Sony. Other than that he's a mystery.
Big Jack
Member #25,585

Num Posts: 410

Sap app would be nice! ;) :) I'm getting excited about the new site! :)
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

Love the new look and format Nate. Great to see you updating an already great site ;)
Jeffro
Member #25,055

Num Posts: 623

sap it .. easy hes a beach goin acdc lovin knowledge havin type dude .. maybe sony connected ? dont care ... his opion is gtreatly read by me yours truley .. jeffro .. i get a kick outta his opinion... a sap app lol .. what can i say im sure he will be back on to voice his thoughts that are to the point .. i guess ..
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

lol!! A Sap app, now that would be awesome! Need that sometimes to decipher his Greek tongue ;)
TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

lol, a Sap app! I like that idea! Most of the time I can't really understand a word he says :P
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

Num Posts: 903

great job Nate. :) keep on thundering the net :) cheers :)
PSW3141
Member #3,722

Num Posts: 61

Yeah Nate, thank you for all the work on this site. I am looking forward to the new layout. Keep it up, mate ! Cheers, Volker
DINU
Member #24,013

Num Posts: 192

Whatever you do, I'll follow you!!! NATE, I'm shure, this would be great! Do what you want, it works!!! CHEERS from Switzerland
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

Well being an application developer myself, i can definitely write a Sap app.Only problem is that i don't understand Sap completely so i can embed the basic in the app. Sap, any help?! Lol.
Cabezon
Member #20,942

Num Posts: 341

Cheers for the amazing new look, a big hug from 'The Live At River Plate Land' (?) :)
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

I did some digging on the Wayback Machine, found out this version of the site's over five years old (the WM archive has August 2007 with the previous layout and October 2007 with this one) it's kinda due for a change. That being said, I will be sad to see this layout go, but am also excited for the features in the new layout. I also like the new color scheme and the new editor, and the ability to see the previous 5 IOTDs. This isn't gonna be as big of a change IMO as the 2007 massive overhaul (the older layout looked horrible alongside the current one) but with this, the site gets some features that are (no offense intended, I actually like that the site runs homebrew code instead of using vBulletin like all the others) standard on other sites.
BigNate
Member #1

Thanks to the Doc, I fixed the bug in the forum that had been happening. If you guys see any other errors, please let me know & I'll take care of them.
TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

Will do, Nate. Thanks :)

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.