Forum

Forum

ACDC sold out to Itunes

scousepie
Member #8,843

Num Posts: 23

Always thought they said we will never sell out to Itunes Moneytalks eh !
LooseLipsSinkShips
Member #25,785

Num Posts: 460

Hey, when did you see LIVE/WIRE?
Hawksboy
Member #23,988

Num Posts: 135

I was a bit surprised by this when I got the email. They've always been so anal about iTunes, saying they make records, not singles! Yep, Moneytalks!
SGthunder33
Member #23,974

Num Posts: 154

Just got on the site to post about this... Makes me sick.
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

Yes, AC/DC have "sold out" to Apple. They were so indie until yesterday...
ros3
Member #23,267

Num Posts: 87

They can make as much money as they want from there songs as far as i'm concerned. Why shouldent they sell there music this way , Every other band does..
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

I know I am a hardcore AC/DC fan and support them 150% all the way regardless of what setlist they play live, how their music is distributed, etc. so I will always purchase their official releases as this is my tradition and way I support the band.
Big Jack
Member #25,585

Num Posts: 410

There's no way of saying it better!!! Let there be Rock! :)
TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

Num Posts: 607

I'm going to continue to buy AC/DC's music as full albums, and I always will cause I just really don't give a shit about iTunes. I don't blame the band, I blame the fuckheads over at Sony cause they were the ones who forced the band to go into iTunes.
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

Correct.Rumor has it that the Sony guys shoved a knife in the bands tow bones and turned it around until they all agreed to sold out.Allegedly Cliff was the last one that screamed: NO MORE NO MORE I BELIEVE I BEELIIEVEE, LET THERE BE I-TUNES!!
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

^ And then Angus did the duckwalk all over Sony's a$$!!!!!
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

"I blame the fuckheads over at Sony cause they were the ones who forced the band to go into iTunes." Yes, because the band are just passive observers in their own lives and have never been able to make a decision on their own. Hell, they're still surprised that they ever made it past playing Bondi Lifesavers and having beer bottles thrown at them while they played the 10 songs they knew. Listen, iTunes is no more the end of the world than Sony is. In fact, the band can put out mediocre box sets without all of the non-essential packaging (I'm looking at you, Backtracks and Plug Me In!) even easier on iTunes than through Sony. Five years ago I was saying that iTunes is the future. Now that the future has arrived, I wonder if AC/DC has signed on too late. Sure, they may make a few pennies off of the two or three people who haven't heard Back in Black or Powerage yet, but is there really anyone who doesn't know about AC/DC? Is there anyone in the world who hasn't heard Thunderstruck, Back in Black or Highway to Hell? Does it really matter if we buy a deeply discounted 2003 remaster from WalMart or a $1.29 track from iTunes? No, not at all. Good music is good music and Down Payment Blues will always be awesome and Nervous Shakedown and Meanstreak will always be underrated no matter the format. You can't sell out WHEN YOU'VE ALREADY SOLD OUT. Just ask Malcolm.
ffranci
Member #8,482

Num Posts: 38

The only issue I see is that the band made such a stand about it quite recently. AC/DC have long been into maximising their earnings, at least this is about buying the music not the wine/pants/condom... I'm sure they'll make money from people who hear a track on an advert, on a soundtrack or at a sports event (are there any proffesional teams with a black strip who don't use BiB) and if you have an iphone/pad etc it's probaly convinient. If it means more people are turned onto the band then thats good (until it comes to gettign concert tickerts mind)

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.