Forum

Forum

AC/DC finally on iTunes

NorwayMetal
Member #25,529

Num Posts: 63

Hi guys! I just saw over at the band's facebook page that they have finally decided to releas their music online! There is a picture on their page which reads "All Albums, All songs, now mastered for iTunes" What are your thoughts on this, lads? IMO, it's about time TJ
TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

Num Posts: 607

I can pretty much guess that Sony forced AC/DC to release their music into iTunes, despite that the band themselves have always refused to do so. Way to go Sony!!!
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

Or maybe the band realized that Sony's "iTunes-is-a-monopoly-while-we-are-not" KoolAid didn't taste that great.
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

Num Posts: 903

my thought....hmmm...well,well,weeeeeell..... #$%#^$&^%&*%*%*%*&^(*()()&#$&^%^(*)((*&&*& if you can't translate this,then use your imagination... ;)
Big Jack
Member #25,585

Num Posts: 410

I'm pretty shocked because it was the bands philosophie not to release their albums on i-tunes!! Yeah I know that it's not that modern, but I liked their way of having their own and different opinion on that^^ That's just what I think about it ;)
scooter7391
Member #16,073

Num Posts: 455

Not only did they release their albums, but you can download individual songs, they are not "album only" "...fans have the ability to download full albums or simply purchase their favorite individual songs." Very interesting....
LooseLipsSinkShips
Member #25,785

Num Posts: 460

I think that this is wrong, because people can now cherrypick there faviroute songs of the albums. And the band put alot of effort into all of their songs, not just the famous ones. Damn Sony, I bet you it was them who made them release the songs!
Big Jack
Member #25,585

Well guys once again: Fuck Sony! ;)
LooseLipsSinkShips
Member #25,785

Num Posts: 460

Well, now im really f*****g pissed off with Sony now, stupid Sony. What the hell ever happened to good o'le Albert Productions? Bet ya they wouldn't of forced AC/DC to release their music on iTunes. Man it really annoys me.
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/665916_132477406903716_1222656025_o.jpg ...selfmade! I think this will be the perfect colour-logo for this gayshit decision!
Big Jack
Member #25,585

Thumbs up for this! Great work! ;)
NorwayMetal
Member #25,529

Num Posts: 63

Well, on the other hand, it will get the band more exposed, which hopefully will lead to a bigger fan base. But still weird that they've agreed to doing something like this when they've constantly refused.
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

wow! I'm surprised that this pic still exist,as FB admins erase it from my fb page...
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

Ok, Moi, RnRDamnation and some others were the "bad guys" that were bashing on the band and Sony.Some people left the board because i irritated them.Now what is your excuse that they are officially sold out and lied to you? Btw i don't really care for the i-tunes.I think it's a "good" move of the band, like i or not(financially and fan expansion-ly,not that i will ever buy or even go to the i-tunes page but...) ,however,the fact remains that if you are going to be on i-tunes at least have the dignity not to tell lies to your fans. Sony did what had to be done from it's part, the band simply opened wide (from the back side) and...Tsipaawooo!You've got another pill coming(and it feels nice). I am sorry for all the people that still believed in the bands dignity and were on the opposite side from me,now....IN YOUR FACE!!Muhahaaaharr!
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

They have a "The Complete Collection" for about $150 US and it appears to be the international albums (aka the 2003 Remasters) in one swoop. I like that idea. This is definitely an interesting development in the history of the band. Maybe they are preparing for a final album and "farewell" tour in the not so distant future. I don't think Backtracks is up there yet. Why? And they have the perfect opportunity to release the Australia albums now...why don't they?
sapator
Member #210

Never used i-tunes and never will, so excuse my ignorance but, are the songs in mp3 or whatevershitappleisusingasamusicfile format? If so then there is not a single reason why i shouldn't get a boxset with the complete collection for about the same $ and not give 150$ to download just files that i can get for free.Even my long lost dog could get the songs for free.It's that easy.It's called piracy and you only need an eye patch, some rum and a yohoho song...Oh and a computer with internet access. .. Sing along mateys! Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum, Yo ho ho fuck Sony and all it's shit...
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Besides Black Ice and a few DVDs, I have all the mainstream international releases (minus Iron Man 2) so I have no desire for the "digital box" as well. I have FLACs of all my CDs.
Jeffro
Member #25,055

Num Posts: 623

personally i have more acdc than sony could have .. i bet .. there about there money .. at acdc age they might need it to .. more power too them... itunes is juss a lazy way of not goin out ta snatch there stuff .. at a dollor 29 a song it cost morte buyin the song then the album ...i really dont care what sony does .. i support there decision ... woodnt you ... are you say hey fuck it i dont need extra money ... an buyin each song is not callin them a singles band .. i tru fans no there about there albums its a way of juss maybe u want this song that one .. every one is intitled to the own opion...me) i dont give too shits if .. its sony , albert who ever its still acdc .. an i want it an i have what ever i tunes cood ever offer .. jeffro ... juss sayin
Jeffro
Member #25,055

i dont support what sonys does but acdc decision .. to release ^^^ above if it sounded like i did support sony .. i could care less
Jeffro
Member #25,055

i bet it was malcoms decision sony cant make them do nothin they dont want too who the fuck are we kiddin .. he went to angus an from there on .. u could say there sharin .. in way ... sorry if i sound mad im not juss dont understand all the fuss ..... if it says sony albert .. epic , jeffro .. sap inc i dont care i want it .. an not to menchin i have all there offical added in to my itunes i put the album art in my self .. hahahaha... but sadly i have what they have too offer even the artwork for the 150$ thingy .. ne who ... ride on, all of ya was not an promise disrespectin anyones opinion .. all three threads was mine ...
sapator
Member #210

It all sums up to these 2 words: "They lied". If they didn't lie and released their stuff on i-tunes, wouldn't have said a single word...Well, except a "Fuck Sony" just for the heck of it.
travishayes89
Member #8,722

I just noticed, they have Backtracks up, but it's the three disc set (minus the guitar amp and other stuff, as well as the live DVD included). I have a feeling I'll be spending the $25 on it just to get that set (I hate how stripped the 2CD set feels). I still prefer physical stuff though.
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

Maybe AC/DC have finally come out of the closet as a singles band. This could save their creativity. Instead of releasing a full album with a couple of good songs and a lot of mediocre, forgettable ones (no matter how awesome the riffage is), they will instead sell two or three really good ones on iTunes that they will actually play in concert and then head out on a final tour. There may be hope for them yet...
Eryn1
Member #25,838

Num Posts: 4

I've been sorta neutral about it because as a fan, I'll respect any decision the band makes. I don't know all the facts surrounding the decision, but I'm ok with it. Maybe they saw that this is just the way music's being delivered nowadays and wanted to make it easily accessible to a new generation of fans? Maybe they realised their albums could still be bought in their entirety and thought long and hard about it? (teehee, long and hard.) Either way, it certainly doesn't change my opinion that they're the best fuckin rock n roll band EVER!!!
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Num Posts: 393

Man, I haven't been on this site in forever. Completely forgot about it. Anyways, I think the only thing that is bothering me is, as you guys said, the band is a bunch of hypocrites and phonies now. The other thing that is bothering me is no one from the band has come out and said anything about it. I can't wait to hear what the boys say for their reason in doing this. Sure, it's good for their music to spread to younger people but all they are going to do is download the songs they already know like BiB and Thunderstruck and leave the rest of the material in the toilet.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.