Forum

Forum

What's new about the ''Live album''

Big Jack
Member #25,585

Num Posts: 410

So today I got the brandnew live album called ''Live at River Plate'' What can be said about it? Well some positive facts at first: 1) The endings of the songs are not cut like on the DVD 2) The background vocal are tuned up so that they are a bit louder 3) Nice booklet with some nice pics 4) That album helps to keep AC/DC in everyone's mind till the new studio album will be published! Negative: Nothing (!!!) new on this album, it's exactly the same as on the DVD no extras, no other songs from other concert nothing^^ As a result: Nice to have a new AC/DC live album, louder Background vocals, no cuts, but no extras! 8/10 Points for that Greets Big Jack
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

Num Posts: 903

8/10?!!! nothing negative?!!! this shit was fixed on the studio,as you said,to the maximum! the backing vocs are louder,there's fade in/fade out on the crowd everytime a song start or finished. this is negative by itself for me. this sony-shit did exactly the same as they did earlier years with donigton's dvd release,overdub the vocs,"plastic sound",fade in/out.... I converted long time ago the dvd to mp3 so I have it even before this "new" "live" album release... no big deal for (a ridiculous) cover,booklet,photos(I guess there's the same-or almost the same-on the dvd)... hmmmm... 0/10 points for that(and this only cuz its an AC/DC release!!!) cheers :)
Big Jack
Member #25,585

What i meant wasn't ''nothing negative'', i meant ''neagtive: nothing new (so no new songs...)'' on this album ;) But on this cd there's no fade in/fade out^^ And that the background vocals are a bit louder that a good point for me ;) I agree with the other points, but I would rate it 8/10 because it's a great concert and great sounds so that has to be mentioned in the rating, too. So we have 7 or 8 out of 10 ;) Any other opinions? :) :) Feel free to comment on it, too
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

no man its nothing personal :) my objection goes for Sony ;) as for fade in/out I mean that there is a fade in or fade out as soon as a song start,example "you shook me.." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zakKvbIQ28o (00:21 - 00:49) thats the shits Im talking about :)
Big Jack
Member #25,585

Oh mate, I haven't taken it personally, ;) Why should I :D ;) I hate sony and the others too but I think this album is good for all the other people to keep AC/DC in their minds ;) I wish there was a normal version and a fan version for people like us with no fade in/fade out, no doubts and with tracks from other concerts from the black ice tour^^ *Maybe I'm thinking a bit different because I don't know the feeling to wait for the publishion of a new AC/DC album, besides Black ice 2008 ;)
daclarob
Member #7,861

Num Posts: 769

keep your receipts?
Dirty Eye
Member #640

Num Posts: 334

Is it tue that the german release will be the only one worldwide with three bonus trax (from circus krone 2003)?
Big Jack
Member #25,585

No! I got my album today and there are no bonus tracks^^
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

Big Jack,I think that Dirty Eye its right. I saw it on facebook's ac/dc groups today.
Big Jack
Member #25,585

But why do i got a version with no bonus tracks?!
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

its only the german version... http://www.acdc-germany.de/ http://www.saturn.de/mcs/product/SONY-MUSIC-ENTERTAINMENT-%28GER%29-LIVE-AT-RIVER-PLATE-%28MSH-EXCL.--3-BONUSTRACKS%29,48352,256116,489687.html so,once more(ALL TOGETHER) FUCK SONY!
Big Jack
Member #25,585

Well i pre ordered it on amazon.de but mybe it's not the german version...but bonus tracks from 2003??? Just as I said before and as Send4theman said Fuck sony!
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

you better watch out then,dont buy it twice! the german version have a sticker (in german). (just zoom in on the link that I give above-www.saturn.de) same old shit from this label... cheers boyo :)
Big Jack
Member #25,585

The last thing I would do is buy this twice and support Sony! ;) Thx send4theman for the info :) Cheers ;)
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

Haha Sony strikes again on innocent fans.Booyah!! Well you made the mistake on getting this shit, of course don't make the mistake on getting it twice.Just put you eye patch and sing along.Yohoho and a bottle of rum yohoho fuck Sony and all it's shit!For crying out loud just DOWNLOAD IT! Also i would rate it -10/10 (please observe the minus sing.It emphasize the emotion of despair of volcanic beetle bears on Pluto) and change my name to Little big Catherine if I've ever bought it.Merci.
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

hahahahaaha aye,aye damn right Sap-mate :) no money for this sony-shit!I prefer to save mi money for booze hahaha yeah! DOWNLOAD IT!I'm givin the link since yesterday via PM.cuz there's official stuff. cheers :)
Big Jack
Member #25,585

Hahahaha I always like the comments of sapator! :) :) :) Well let's hope for the real new studio album and the new tour! ;) Cheers!
FoundationShaker
Member #25,602

Num Posts: 36

I've already made my feeling known on this album. DON'T BUY IT!!! I bought Iron Man 2 second hand, the deluxe edition, for about $10 and will do the same with this. All they had to do was make it a different concert to River Plate and ***BINGO*** you've got something worth buying!! If you want to hear the River Plate concert without the vision, run the DVD through your stereo system and turn the tv off:) I recently got the ridiculously overpriced deluxe edition of the Backtracks for a quarter of the price because the "working amplifier" box was missing. Umm, I've got 2 x 100 watt Fender amps ... WTF do I care about a puny gimmick amp??? It was worth $99 for the book, the Circus Krone DVD and the extra tracks on the cds. Just don't ever succumb to the record company and their rip-offs!!! Phew, I feel better now! Cheers to all fellow AC/DC fans on the site!!!
Coco Bloco
Member #18,937

cheers boyo :) I just uplaod the "new' "live" album on Minus as well (had a little problem with "let there.." due to over 30kb song length,but I find the song(16kb)on a previous converted "river plate" file an its all.... ...done....dirt cheap-hahaha) PM who,still,interested :) cheers :)
TheACDCDoctor
Member #21,540

Num Posts: 607

To those who don't yet have the new live album, you can hear it in advance on Rolling Stone's site: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ac-dc-rip-it-up-in-argentina-on-live-at-river-plate-album-premiere-20121116 At first I wasn't gonna buy the album because I figured it would be just a cheap audio rip of the RP DVD. However, after listening to cuts between the songs that were not on the DVD, I decided, fuck it, I'm buying the album. When I'm at the store paying for the CDs, I'll just tell the store employees to do me a huge favor -- please phone Sony and tell them that when they get my money, tell them to stick it up their rich corporate asses! Mwahahahahaha!!!
Big Jack
Member #25,585

Hahahaha thumbs up for this!!! :) Cheers! ;)
BDDLuna
Member #25,344

Num Posts: 11

Well, I've read all the comments here, now I need to listen to the cds myself! I have/had great expectations on this release as I was on the show in the middle of the crowd on the second date. Btw, is this release coming from the 3 dates or just the first one.? Has anyone of the experts here compared it to the dvd? I mean track by track... I guess they recorded the soundboard from the 3 shows.
Douglas Paul
Member #24,020

Num Posts: 43

Douglas Paul
Member #24,020

Num Posts: 43

Bloody Hell!! My copy's on the way!!

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.