Forum

Forum

Looking for the full Detroit 1983 concert

Big Jack
Member #25,585

Num Posts: 410

Hey there, I got the video and audio bootleg from that show in Detroit 1983 with just 9 tracks. So my question: Is there any full audio (!) bootleg of this show? Like to have the full gig of that nice show! ;) Thanks in advance!
LooseLipsSinkShips
Member #25,785

Num Posts: 460

I looked on the concert history section for you, it says Back In Black etc was played, but not recorded, I wonder why they din't record the full show?
pumkin1991
Member #24,934

Num Posts: 74

The bootleg is actually a mix of two shows. As far as I know, both shows were recorded by a TV station but only 9 tracks were broadcasted so I guess the full tapes are stored in any archive but those 9 tracks plus YSMANL, which was released as a b-side is everything you'll find.
Big Jack
Member #25,585

Too bad! It's such a great gig! Thanks for your help!
acdcrocks4ever!
Member #25,730

Num Posts: 205

I don't think that Sony would have it. As you may know MTV used the videos including dirty deeds done dirt cheap and Guns for hire, I have a feeling that they have the rest of the footage in their vault. Why I say that is because the music video for Cover you in oil had to be edited due to "inappropriate content in the video" in order to broadcast it on MTV. It had to be edited to be appropriate for the viewers watching the video. But in a interview with Brian, Angus and David Mallet (The director for the music videos) said that MTV took the "real" video off them and never seen it again. It would be awesome to see the rest of the footage. ;D
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

So is Cover You In Oil from the home video releases that "MTV version." And my best guess on Detroit 83, after the concert was aired, it's likely that the master tapes containing the unused songs were erased and used again in later stuff. The nature of analog media is that, it's expensive, but easily reusable a number of times. I've heard of people having unfinished songs lost to the label deciding it wasn't worth it to keep unfinished demos around taking up tape. It's a shame too, since later on things like this happen, full concerts never get to be seen despite being taped in their entirety. Perhaps what is more disappointing than that, the lack of the full concert film from Let There Be Rock The Movie (plus Walk All Over You concert footage, and T.N.T.. Plus making sure everything was from the same show). I heard something about the director not liking T.N.T. AC/DC definitely didn't get treated like KISS on concert tapes.
Big Jack
Member #25,585

F***k sony and all the others! It's a shame! :/
ShakedownIce
Member #25,433

Num Posts: 1,668

^ What he said!!!
acdcrocks4ever!
Member #25,730

Num Posts: 205

^ same

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.