Forum

Forum

Packing of Iron Man 2 and Black Ice deluxe editions

wesley12106
Member #23,828

Num Posts: 331

Who thought of the packaging it's horrible. I like that the it's like a hard cover book but they could have put plastic disc holders in the front or back. Why would they make a little sleeve for the discs with two openings. My discs are really scratched already and I only played it twice it keeps slipping out on the bottom so I push it back up.
wesley12106
Member #23,828

Oh I meant packaging for the title.
imma_rocker
Member #8,405

Num Posts: 677

personally i thought the dvd had shameful packaging, i actually havent seen the blu ray packaging, but live at the river plate, when my girl brought it to me at the store when i was trying to find it i literally thought she brought me a cd and tried to have her put it back until she convinced me it was a dvd, and let there be rock again it was a shame, the cover art looked about as cheap as it could have been there was no insert, and i have nothing against recycling but it also has one of those recycled cases with the logo right inside, personally i thought those were treated like shit, especially let there be rock after all the anticipation, you finally get a release, buy it and it looks like shit, again i havent seen the blu rays and im sure they were much more appealing, i know let there be rock was with the tin and extra material
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

Num Posts: 291

who gives a shit what the packaging looks like as long as it's a good release? it's like when i talk to my friends about video games: everyone wants amazin amazing amazing graphic. and personally i feel that gameplay overpowers graphics. if the game is amazing then it doesn't matter if the graphics aren't the best. same opinion applies here, if the album or the dvd is really good, then the packaging or album art doesn't mean anything.
imma_rocker
Member #8,405

haha well said, dont get me started on gameply over graphics haha im a big believer in gameplay over graphics. as i wrote before let there be rock was just very anticipated to me and it just looks like it was kinda just shoved to the side, on the dvd side at least, and i really just do not like those cd dvd cases or whatever they are, and to be honest for the dvd itself, it has alot of split screens and i actually think that kinda sucks it up, these are just my opinions to each his own, im just one who prefers the standard case, it makes it look really stupid on my shelf especially next to the 3 disc plug me in
imma_rocker
Member #8,405

and im aware it can simply be moved but i like to keep my dvds in order so i can find it, in case of AC/DC dvds its by concert date order and the compilations are put in order of which they were released
wesley12106
Member #23,828

I think the LTBR is good if you get the collectors versions. Comes in a tin.
wesley12106
Member #23,828

But the reason I don't like the packaging is because you have to slide the disc into a paper sleeve and that scratches the disc when you put it in and out.
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

Num Posts: 291

that's why you rip the disc to your computer and then never touch the cd ever again.
imma_rocker
Member #8,405

on that note i have the 11th and 12th seasons of the simpsons and you have to do the same thing and it actually does scratch the discs
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

I agree with the packing(haven't see it but i play it a good guy),i also hate the packing of my old AC/DC cd's. Back in Black,Let there be rock, i was so mad i brought them back to the store and bought some Madonna deluxe edition cd's.Now i'm happy. About Simpson,i have, err hold,,season 1 to , it says, 23? Is there a 23rd season?Anyhow they are also scratching my hard drive magnetic needle and i hate that!
imma_rocker
Member #8,405

i have the first twelve and to let you know no there is not a 23rd season...yet the 22nd just folded, its only 11 and 12 i have that problem, but it really is an issue its like they want us to ruin it with no choice just so we would have to buy it again
sapator
Member #210

"just so we would have to buy it again" If you bought it aren't you entitled for a "safe" copy?Come on guys, mercy with this copyrights bullshit!
sapator
Member #210

About the Simpson.The last episode i have says S21E23 so it's season 21, it shows an "ugly dog" contest.Personally i prefer futurama though.Downloading season 16 ep 19 right now!
sapator
Member #210

Yes, season 6 ep 19.
imma_rocker
Member #8,405

i say that for the traditional consumer who knows nothing of backing up your discs and computers, but all things considered it having burned discs in a boxset looks bad
sapator
Member #210

Yes but you don't wear off the disks. You just copy them and keep all the burned ones in a, i don't know how you say it, an envelope,plastic-paper case that holds cd's.You don't have to have the originals with the legally burned cd's.Or another idea is to copy them to a hard drive but that is a bad idea cuz i usually paper clip my hard drives with my original boxsets and they look bad :P
Sonic32
Member #23,697

Num Posts: 71

that's why you rip the disc to your computer and then never touch the cd ever again. -------------------------------- Exactly.
imma_rocker
Member #8,405

ha this is why i think they should stick with traditional packaging, no inconvenience with the discs and the box shouldnt have to be a game to unpack and the cases shouldnt have to stand out unless its something very special, like the homer head for my sixth season
sapator
Member #210

I agree.I think it's small staff that really make a difference.P.e. i have in my cd collection some DC cd's that are designed as LP replicates.It's very funny and clever to have to unfold an LP package and to view the LP lookalike cd, putting idiotic stuff such as amplifiers and pins just so they can incise the price is not only a dishonor and stupidity for us but a disgrace to AC/DC and what they stand (in the past) for,that is music for the poor and never fuck with the fans.Sony assholes.If they only had the courage to put a condom in every package then i would have shut my mouth and went blindly to buy whatever DC package it was on.
jr71
Member #24,160

Num Posts: 122

KISS did the same thing with all the merchandising like the KISS radio and everything and look what happened to them, they becamen kid's disco band for a while then Ace & Peter left and it just wasn't the same. Seems like Sony is doing the same here except ACDC's getting close to retirement, if they even do another album.
sapator
Member #210

Well, once i was very happy that DC didn't have lunch boxes that they were somewhat an underrated band and almost nobody here in Greece knew or cared about them.If i'm not mistaken Black Ice was their first ever no1 chart album in Greece.So it shows that Sony is doing a good job mercerizing them but that job is also make some people say that they have sold out.So in conclusion they are getting more popularity but they are fucking with they core fans.Not true fans, loyal fans etc, their core that stood by them all these years.I don't know if that is correct or not(for me it is not) and in reality,having closed their career with SUL they are making the extra cash to retire.I just hate the fact that they are fucking with their after reputation.What i mean is that even though the hard core fans are 10% most, they will be there when they decide to end this mockery.The other "fans" will leave and the judgment will be done by that 10% that is getting raped by flushy boxets and average concerts right now. So repeeent save your souuulll leave the devil of Rnroooll.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.