Forum

Forum

Live At The River Plate, Has Brian Been "Fixed" Or Not? Thunderstruck Isolated Vocal Track

nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

Has Brian been fixed as badly as everyone says or not? I think he sounded fine,and doubt little to anything was really done to his voice. Here's Thunderstruck's Vocal track from Buenos Aires that I ripped my self, Discuss :)
wesley12106
Member #23,828

Num Posts: 331

I dont know but in the concert video he sounds high in the mix
acdc93ty
Member #19,616

Num Posts: 10

No, not at all. Thats how he typically sounded live on that tour.
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Num Posts: 393

He sounds awesome.I've never noticed how good his voice really was on this tour until I heard this.For a 62,or is he 63?Anyway, for a man his age, to do what he does is incredible
esau31
Member #23,140

Num Posts: 284

God bless Brian johnson, Awsomeness ozzez all over his voice. This track sonds un tampered, mabe they reduced the high pitch but what 6%, Brian FLIPPIN Johnson, awsomeness.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

I agree Brian is the man, fucking still sounds awesome even at Senior age. The backing vocals are what's really been fucked with,Brian is a beast. If the Youngs would let him Write lyrics again,they could dominate on the next album.... Get Mutt in there and we're really cookin'
suicidehummer
Member #20,159

Num Posts: 1,045

No, I hear it. It's worse than Donnington too (the editing quality, I mean). Listen to the line "...and I knew there was no turning back" The word "back" sounds badly patched in. At least for Donnington, they edited in whole lines; that's why it was hard to tell without comparing to bootlegs. Also, in BIB from the concert, they edited it so Brian only says "we" in the chorus once or twice. Just remember guys, admitting Brian was edited is no insult to him, it was Sony that did it.
wesley12106
Member #23,828

What was the difference with the Donnington VHS and DVD? I know that the VHS has the audio from Donnington, but where is the audio from the DVD from if it's dubbed?
wesley12106
Member #23,828

suicidehummer
Member #20,159

Num Posts: 1,045

Well, that's the question. I think they must have cut in vocals from other dates they recorded on the '91 tour (for the Live CD) and of course, the backing vocals were straight from the studio. However, I still wonder where they got that Fire Your Guns solo they dubbed in for the DVD. It's totally different, and I can't imagine he would have played that at another show that was recorded although I don't know for sure.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.