Forum

Forum

Snowballed & Brain Shake

Hells Death
Member #24,593

Num Posts: 331

I was playing my library on shuffle earlier and Snowballed came on right after Brain Shake, and I thought for a minute, they sound somewhat relevant to each other. They have the same start up tempo to a degree and they just seem to go together. Considering Brian Shake was written about a year after Snowballed ('82-'83), anyone think they had it in mind when writing Brain Shake, or maybe just total coincidence??
maj
Member #13,812

Num Posts: 53

That's not the only song on "Flick" that does that...Check out "Bedlam in Belgium" versus "Shot Down in Flames" during the chorus
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

AC/DC have been recycling their riffs as long as they've been around. It's part of their genius and I'm not being ironic...
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

It's better than two songs on the same album sounding exactly the same. Yes, I'm "putting my finger" on Stiff Upper Lip. Can't name the songs off the bat, but there are two that sound almost exactly the same on that one album. But bands have been recycling riffs and licks for years. It's why Angus is proud to admit that they have made the same album so many times, as long as the number is right.
esau31
Member #23,140

Num Posts: 284

Has anyone else also notised the intros to; Got you by the balls, and Rock and Roll Train. all they did was some what change the tunning and slowed it down for R.A.R.T.
jr71
Member #24,160

Num Posts: 122

@travishayes98 I think you're talking about satellite blues and get it up. Or that's what I think, get it up is gotta faster tempo though.
jr71
Member #24,160

Num Posts: 122

Give it up, sorry (i dont have my cd with me and it kinda sounds like they're saying "get it up" instead of give it up.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

Another pair on Stiff Upper Lip are Hold Me Back and Can't Stand Still. Love both,but they could be the same damn song, lol. Hell Or High Water has the similar but not exactly the same Shoot To Thrill breakdown riff,as does Hold Me Back and Sink The Pink
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

And they all sound better than any song on Black Ice :P
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

Sap, it's more like: SUL has plenty of good songs with poor production (where's the drums and bass?) while Black Ice has plenty of poor songs which sound good (Brendan O'Brien really knows how to capture their sound. It's too bad he doesn't have the cojones of someone like Rick Rubin to tell them to write better songs). Also, Rock and Roll Train? Seriously? You know you've become a parody of yourself when...
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Spoilin' For A Fight,Money Made,and She Likes Rock 'N' Roll are great songs. I wish War Machine was longer,and Stormy May Day had a damn solo,but they're great too. Sure, She Likes Rock 'N' Roll has a goofy chorus,but the solo is good (one of the best on the album) and Cliff is kicking ass. Spoilin' For A Fight to me is as close to classic as the album gets, it's got some balls. Would have taken it over Big Jack,Anything Goes,and Black Ice (song) live.
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

Num Posts: 291

compare the riffs from "Damned" and "Ballbreaker." they are literally exactly the same.
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Num Posts: 393

Big Jack is probably the only song I don't care for on Black Ice
suicidehummer
Member #20,159

Num Posts: 1,045

RNRDamnation: Sorry dude, you got it backwards. The drums on SUL are excellent, second only to Ballbreaker, which is exactly how Phil SHOULD sound. And Black Ice has terrible, flattened, digital production, overpowering and sharp cymbals, and soulless guitar tone.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Black Ice wasn't mixed right.... I agree Phil's cymbals are way too bright and dominate. Guitar is OK but needs more balls,character no Digital Amps (only on Big Jack and Anything Goes supposedly,but it matches the rest of the album,so who's to argue?) Brian and Cliff are the only think Mike and Brendan got right.
wesley12106
Member #23,828

Num Posts: 331

Too bad they used 2 Angus's in Spoiling for a fight. Would have been a great song live.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.