Forum

Forum

Awesome AC/DC Idea!!!

HAWKSACDC1
Member #23,801

Num Posts: 61

Ok, first off I got this idea from another band doing this but I think it would be awesome if AC/DC did this too. Here's the idea- AC/DC posts a setlist voting poll on there website, you are able to choose up to 10 or 15 songs out of every AC/DC song in history, and the top 25 or 30 songs that are the most voted for gets played on there upcoming tour. This could be a good way to get AC/DC to play songs they haven't played in years or possibly songs they have NEVER played live before. What do you guys think? I think it would be awesome.
Sonic32
Member #23,697

Num Posts: 71

That'd be an okay idea, but what about the fans that aren't as into the band, the ones that would vote the same old songs, like DDDDC, TNT etc.
HAWKSACDC1
Member #23,801

Num Posts: 61

Good point. How about have everybody take a quiz before and the ones who passes gets to vote, and then the ones who fails cant vote. What I mean by passing and failing is... Fans who pass- the true fans who knows all of there songs Fans who fails- the fans who only know there popular songs I don't know, make it somehow to where we would know the same old songs won't get played.
fredperry
Member #23,408

Num Posts: 86

I think its a great idea but In my opinion ACDC is not that kind of band that listen to their hard core fans...
ruddisgod667
Member #20,171

Num Posts: 328

It's a good idea but I would vote for a lot of the music that they always play as well. I love hearing the popular songs live, and I love hearing the back catalog as well. But I just dont think there would be a good mix. It would probably be just songs that we haven't ever heard live but it would be good for a one off show. They should let fans decide on the "out of the hat" song like Get It Hot and Up To My Next in You was. But they should add like 3 songs to the setlist they did for Black Ice were it's hits, the album songs, then the unconventional. I don't like it when there is only one song from the new album, I'd like to hear some of the other parts of the album live. But hey, thats just me.
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

Making people take a quiz on their AC/DC knowledge would turn them off of the quiz. Just let whoever wants to take the quiz, take it. It's likely enough real fans (ie - people who genuinely like AC/DC for their music and not just because they're one of the biggest bands in the world and everyone else will be there and they will have a "cool" light show and look at that - a train! Hey! is that a piece of shiny tinfoil on the stage reflecting light? - Sorry, no, I must be at an early 90s Pink Floyd show during Comfortably Numb) will pick out some real gems. I agree with rudd - they don't have to do away with the "classics" entirely - Highway to Hell will always be great, but they do need to do away with the McShow concept...They've already lost my $100 + Merch fee for the next tour based on the patheticness of the Black Ice McTour unless they come to terms with their back catalog and Brian Johnson stops telling fans to fuck off...
SGthunder33
Member #23,974

Num Posts: 154

Yeah Motley Crue just did that for their current tour, thought it was pretty cool
Hells Death
Member #24,593

Num Posts: 331

Why not with the exception of the For Those About To Rock closure, they totally redo the entire setlist from songs they had never done, or songs that weren't played and recorded professionally...
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

Keep dreaming guys.Sony robots have taken their minds and speech.
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

At this point, I can do without the "Who's the Lemming?" guitar solo of Let There Be Rock and the bombast of FTATR. I love them both, but they have lost all spontaneity or creativity and are holding the band back. Either move the guitar solo to another song or get rid of it altogether in favour of bringing in more classics like "Gone Shootin", "Jailbreak" and "Shake Your Foundations" and kill the cannons and the bombast as the so-called "encore" or else put them in the middle of the show and have the second set be a musical, gimmick-free focus on the greatness that is AccaDacca's back catalog.
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

I kinda disagree with that. I like the LTBR show and it give's a change to take some breaths before you start jumping up and down again. Also i want the damn cannons. But i agree in general that some songs must be removed and others added.That's the whole arguing going on for the last 2 years in DC camp anyhow. Supposedly they would remove songs(not gonna happen), i would have taken out The Jack,...(let me look at the setlist because it's so different every time i keep forgetting it...),Black Ice,Big Jack,Anything goes,Rnr Train,War Machine,BnBlack,Hell ain't a bad. So that's, err 8.Ok Put again in BnBlack and 2 songs from the new album and you have a good amount of 5 songs to be added to the tour. So with common sense criteria(no It's a long way or Big Balls or something) i would include..Hmmm.. What's next to the sun,Sin city or Gonne shoot,3 more...Hmm. Ok god dammit, Squealer, even if that not gonna happen even in this fictional tour,Walk all over you and Live wire.Ok i would also trade you BnBlack for Go down.
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Num Posts: 393

I wish your idea would come true
musicdreams7999
Member #24,670

Num Posts: 517

i think have a drink on me ,There's Gonna Be Some Rockin' , Problem Child , Stand Up , Hold Me back and up to my neck in you should be added again. Just my 2 cents

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.