Forum

Forum

Is the 2011 live a crowd movie?

sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

I just had the bad experience to download the show and view it in 10-15 minutes by skipping parts. What i want to say is that it is clearly a crowd video with a touch of AC/DC. Also this is my first skip on AC/DC video material(that i have, because the little amplifier heartbreaking hotel is not in my possession nor iron fag videos). So my question is why did they choose to show so much crown in the video?The band is not that bad as i could watch in some scenes when they go to them instead of the crowd and the video details is a 9/10.I'm asking because some people here where overexcited with the show and told everyone to get this one.Why should i get this one?For the backing vocals or the crowd angles?Hm? I did not have a clear opinion because i haven't watched the video but just for the heck of it i spend 15 minutes of my life cursing.Let me not that this is clearly not the bands fault, they have other thinks to answer for but not this one. P.S. The video is of course deleted and i got back 8gb of space!!
OleBrumm
Member #20,528

Num Posts: 65

Yep, too much crowd angles (but it's a good crowd!), "bad" backing vocals, too much split screens and they deleted the pauses between the tracks (sometimes?), so everything seems faster. I just watched the Detroit (Auburn Hills) Video from Nov. 1990. It's a Pro-Shot Video and that's what i call i good Live Video. The scenes do not change every second, you can always see the band not just the crowd and it is the full concert with the pauses between the tracks, the waiting, the drinking etc. Very good directed!
OleBrumm
Member #20,528

Oh, what i forgot with the Detroit Video: The Backing Vocals are very clear, loud and really live! Try "Thunderstruck" and you know what i mean!
wesley12106
Member #23,828

Num Posts: 331

If you're talking about Live at River Plate then I agree. Too much crowd.
OleBrumm
Member #20,528

Yes, River Plate.
Hells Death
Member #24,593

Num Posts: 331

Hey, so sorry for being somewhat in the dark, but if you guys don't mind me asking, whats with the weird mix of Brian's vocals in the Detroit 1990 recording?? It sounds like he teamed up with Alvin and the Chipmunks on that one!! Wtf?? Its the first time I've seen this and it just sounds weird...
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

At this stage, the crowd is the most exciting and unpredictable part of an AC/DC McShow. This DVD seems to be an explicit acknowledgement of that fact.
sapator
Member #210

Yes but even if i personally dislike current AC/DC shows a general fan would expect to see the band not the crowd,right? So they could either make 2 different dvd's. One for US,Japan,probably Canada(you tell me) etc, that they don't know what a real crowd is and they go,"Wow what a crowd!", and one for Europe and South America that we've been there done that, thank you, that would show more of the band. Or they could make a DVD with an earlier AC/DC show (probably 1995-2001 period) and dub the vocals as only good ol' Sony knows how, it would be more enjoyable than that. P.S. Here is a bonus from Athens.Crowd surfing and other stuff with the Jack. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaAUHKIrna8
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

@Hells Death I've always assumed it was due to it being a low quality transfer from the master tape. Who ever converted the VHS over into Digital form,didn't do it right. Brian did not sound that way at all.
acdcrocks1
Member #11,292

Num Posts: 105

yes to the in depth AC/DC fan it is alot of crowd shots and your disappointed because you want to SEE AC/DC. this difference is, i can play this dvd in front of my friends and family and they always have a reaction to how awesome the crowd is, and it actually sparks a fun conversation, where as some of the other live dvd's might not be as enjoyable for the non-followers
sapator
Member #210

So in your words this is a commercial DVD for all the family?
paulr
Member #12,725

Num Posts: 163

Couldnt tell ye Sap. Still not watched it. Oops, better not start again. Someone might get the wrong idea!!!! YEE HAWWW!!!
sapator
Member #210

No harm to waste 15 minutes of your time to have an opinion :)

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.