Forum

Forum

Banned songs on radio

wesley12106
Member #23,828

Num Posts: 331

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Clear_Channel_memorandum AC/DC has the longest list.
travishayes89
Member #8,722

Num Posts: 1,131

It appears that list is no longer referenced. I have heard Dirty Deeds, Hells Bells, T.N.T. and (I think) Shoot To Thrill on Project 9-6-1, a Clear Channel owned station in the Atlanta area. I think if another "9/11" happened, we'd get another list like this though...
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

I hear Shoot To Thrill,Hells Bells,T.N.T,Ballbreaker,Big Balls,Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap,Back In Black Highway To Hell,Girls Got Rhythm,Shot Down In Flames,Let There Be Rock,Stiff Upper Lip,Rock 'N' Roll Train,Who Made Who,Big Gun,Whole Lotta Rosie,Hard As A Rock, and Ride On. (a few more I'm sure,just off the top of my head those are songs I've heard. All the time on my local station 103.5 WIMZ,they even have a 9:30 thunder from down under every week day.All that and I live in Tennessee. My DJ is awesome. (still no Flick,Fly,or Video stuff :(
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

Ahh the good ol' illegal music problem. They still beeping some fuck words though. Also flick your DJ is awesome and he does not play bedlam in Belgium? A DJ awesomeness is measured from the amount of times he has put on bedlam in Belgium / the amount of times he has put a back in black track or-and thunderstruck.It's an international law.
sapator
Member #210

Also add Highway to Hell to that.
ydnar4
Member #20,946

Num Posts: 129

i've heard all of those songs on radio but safe in nyc
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Well Sap, SHE is awesome :D lol Her name's J-Mac, she love "Big Balls" and Ballbreaker, she plays them regularly. I honestly have never once heard anything from Flick Of The Switch,Fly On The Wall, or Blow Up Your Video. The closest we've got is Who Made Who. We get Big Gun for fucks sake but no Flick? (and I say that because Big Gun isn't that well known,but they play it like crazy here which is awesome,but if they can do that then why not Flick?) They played Black Ice all the way through back in 2008 during it's release day. Was pretty sweet actually. I also remember them having contests for Plug Me In in '07 too, some type of give away.
sapator
Member #210

lol, well if She is the DJ then all is forgiven.Women cannot be blamed (for music, not other things). Anyway it's 8:30 in the morning and i cannot sleep so i downloaded the blu ray of No Bull (9gb, and yes i'm entitled to, i have it on VHS,DVD and Laser-Disk so shut up!) and i'm constantly playing Ballbreaker and RnR ain't noise conclusion, i don't know why.Anyhow the quality is not as good as the Donington blu ray i downloaded(9gb, and yes i'm entitled to, i have it on VHS,DVD(2 times) and Laser-Disk so shut up!). Fuck what awesome gigs!The Brian solder lift,flag-ed underwear,playing my signature SG in LTBR. They had to go and spoil everything :( P.S. Also every time i watch these i'm tending to believe that Donington was their best from the 80's till now.
jr71
Member #24,160

Num Posts: 122

Ya I listen to her station a lot too. I think I heard mistress for christmas one time, that may have been a different station though. One time when I was driving in my drivers ed class and my teacher switched to her station lol, she played shoot to thrill and hells bells.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Yeah sap great gigs they were, Phil was fantastic on No Bull,so much energy. Just outta curiosity, where you from jr71? Not often someone from Tennessee is on an AC/DC website, lol.
jr71
Member #24,160

Num Posts: 122

Yea I'm from Tennessee

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.