Forum

Forum

LTBR DVD!!!!!!!!

AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Num Posts: 393

Anyone get it yet????I GOT MINE A DAY EARLY FROM AMAZON!!!!Watching it tonight, blasting!!!
sup3rdude
Member #19,597

Num Posts: 98

I actually got my copy last week. I guess springing for next day shipping pays off the clarity is unreal and just rocks although Anthony boza looks like luige for super Mario bros. Pretty funny actually
suicidehummer
Member #20,159

Num Posts: 1,045

somebody upload it already!
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Just finished watching it and it is awesome!!They really did a good job on this remaster, Warner Bros.. The clarity is fantastic and the sound is phenomenal, I'm going to have to watch it for a second go around this weekend for sure!
ACDC Croatia
Member #23,840

Num Posts: 3

Did they cut the scene with oxygen mask?
sup3rdude
Member #19,597

Num Posts: 98

Nope in fact i think there is more of that clip in the reissue than the original
nick of time
Member #31

Num Posts: 65

Good to hear about the DVD being excellent so far! My copy just shipped from Amazon yesterday and I should be getting it tomorrow. Can't wait to blast this baby (and have to retire the VHS copy)!
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Malcolm playing soccer is always funny.This Movie shows a side of him that not many AC/DC Fans know
Ulsterman46
Member #23,694

Num Posts: 142

I assume its phil in the car for walk all over you i think
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

It's already starting to pop up on youtube,man I can't wait to get this!! Live Wire HD
wesley12106
Member #23,828

Num Posts: 331

Was there the scene before Live Wire with the guys setting up and stuff?
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

yep, everything that was on the VHS is on the DVD
wesley12106
Member #23,828

In the begining of the interviews before Highway when they were talking about Malcolm, there is no audio when Bon is supposed to say "Oh the quiet one, he a quiet one aint he?" Or is it just the video?
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

it's just that video. LOL, I LOVE THAT CLIP!!!
BrianJohnson888
Member #1,588

Num Posts: 307

Got the blu-ray/dvd Collector's Edition....I think they did this one right. There's not alot in terms of special features or knick-knacks with it...and that's the way it should be, really. A pick, some pictures, an essay by some guy, and the discs. Why it needs to be numbered when it's "limited" to 90,000 copies, I'll never know. But alright. #57,407 here!
wesley12106
Member #23,828

Mine didnt even ship out and I preordered it. I hope they dont sell all 90000 copies before I get mine.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

"I hope they dont sell all 90000 copies before I get mine." _____________________________________________________ lol
wesley12106
Member #23,828

I got mine today. Does anyone else think Bon is kind of soft in the mix?
Sonic32
Member #23,697

Num Posts: 71

Can this only be bought on Amazon?
BigNate
Member #1

Num Posts: 1,776

Should be available in most stores. I got mine at Best Buy on Tuesday.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

What version did you get Nate, and what did it run ya over at Best Buy? I think I may get mine there since,I can't find it any where else.
BigNate
Member #1

I got the Blu-Ray with the box (not sure if it's available without it) from Best Buy. It was listed at $39.95, but was priced in the store at $29.95. The DVD was priced at $14.95 in the store.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Awesome,will definitely check it out.
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

"Did they cut the scene with oxygen mask?" Why would they do that? That's a strange question...
BrianJohnson888
Member #1,588

It wasn't cut. Nothing was cut.
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

Thanks BJ888. My question was more for ACDC Croatia about his question. I'm just wondering what his reasoning for why they would cut it is...
ACDC Croatia
Member #23,840

Num Posts: 3

Because in the teaser they cut it out and I was afraid it won't be on dvd. That scene is one of the greatest scenes of rock n roll history.
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

it is a pretty classic scene, to see him run off stage take in oxygen and then get back out there and start headbanging and soloing like nothing happened.Amazing
Patrick_Ronacher
Member #15,810

Num Posts: 504

Guys I need an anwser. Is it true that the sound is in mono? Because I watched the vids that are on Youtube and everytime someone complained about it being Mono. Because I think I am gonna buy it today or tomorrow.
BrianJohnson888
Member #1,588

Everyone on YouTube has a case of the dumb and can't brain. 2.0 stereo or DTS 5.1 on the blu-ray. 2.0 or 5.1 AC3 on the DVD on the Collector's Edition box set, but I'm reading that the standard DVD has Dolby Digital 2.0 and 5.1.
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

First full rips are here.If anyone wants to be a pirate like me, arrr, then you know the drill.PM. Mind you it's 21GB.
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

So what do you think about it Sap? I mean picture/restoration/sound wise. Good enough that you'll eventually pick up a copy or no? I think it's fantastic and proudly own it :)
sapator
Member #210

It's worth it's $$ that's for sure.Except that idiot commenting at the beginning, don't know if it's only on the sound channel i watched. I'll probably pick a copy with just the concert(i deleted everything from my hd that has to do with stupid interviews and talking) just for the hell of it but i don't have a blu ray so i'm not in a hurry as i ain't gonna play it soon.If i find a cheep one on ebay some day... For now i'm a lonely pirate yo-hoho! But ok nice work on sound and music, i'll probably rape the commentator.SHUT UP!For Christ shake!Maybe they should go back to Warner :) Also i got a question.Is this real 16:9?It stretches to my 16:9 screen but not in full.
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

that's what I got sapator, just the DVD without the extras.If you haven't gotten it yet, get it, it's definitely worth it
BrianJohnson888
Member #1,588

Sap: No it's in the original 4:3 aspect ratio...try playing with the ratio settings on your player or TV to get it to 4:3. When you say you hear a commentator at the beginning, do you mean the listing off of all the equipment/personnel on the tour? That's on the original VHS too, dude.
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

Num Posts: 291

i thought that commentary at the beginning was weird too. that's not on my original VHS or my old VHS-to-DVD rip.
RockerBon
Member #10,015

Num Posts: 57

I think this remaster is excellent WB did it right, I didn’t remember the commentator on my vhs copy either I may go back and check that.
sapator
Member #210

Not on the original VHS for sure.I was instantly annoyed and started calling names on him and Warner, finally he shuts the f$ck up when the show begins.
BigNate
Member #1

I've got a number of copies around here. I'll try and pull them out and see. I don't remember it being on the VHS I watched when I was a kid, but it's been a while.
sapator
Member #210

I can't check the VHS i don't have one working anymore but here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUJDy9gOnJg Anyhow it was definitely not on the VHS cuz as soon as i've heard the prick commenting i was foaming from my mouth and calling all kind of insults at the monitor.I wouldn't have bothered if it was on the old vhs i think. Also there is the announcement of the band when they get out of the house trailer.This is also a big pile of s$$t.There is not such a thing on the original. Ok now i'm pissed at Warner!Sony would have never done such a thing, they would instead dump the entire films backing vocals with the original albums and if they was no backing vocals on a song they would squeeze a cow or something to "moan" a backing vocal.Also the prick that is talking would have been Arnold Schwarzenegger on it's Conan days.Come on, how cooler than that right?
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

why does the commentary bother you so much??
sapator
Member #210

Because, i'm sapator i guess :)
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

Num Posts: 291

^ well said, Sap.
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

lol, good answer.I mean, atleast he's not talking during the show saying "Now Angus Young is duckwalking,his signature stage antic,inspired by Chuck Berry".
sapator
Member #210

If he did that it would be hilarious.I wouldn't complain then.
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

lol

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.