Hard or soft guitar pick

wesley12106
Member #23,828

Num Posts: 331

Which is better for AC/DC and rock
Sonic32
Member #23,697

Num Posts: 71

In my opinion, hard picks sound a lot better for rock, I use a hard pick now, But I did use a soft pick.
sup3rdude
Member #19,597

Num Posts: 98

Agree with Sonic32. Soft picks don't cut it. They wear down too easily. I use Jim Dunlop 1mm and it takes a lot for those to wear down. But it all depends on how hard or soft you play
Dirty Deeds Ltd.
Member #25,028

Num Posts: 27

Angus uses hard picks and if you use that then solo playing is easier. I use a medium pick but I just began to play guitar so it can change :P
acdc93ty
Member #19,616

Num Posts: 10

Angus currently uses Fender Extra Heavy Picks
BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

Num Posts: 291

Ernie Ball Super Slinky 9's Strings (pink package) and Fender Extra Heavy Picks (X-H) that's the way to do it.
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Num Posts: 393

hard, Dunlop 1mm just like sup3rdude
rhece6
Member #2,168

Num Posts: 380

I've been using the same Dunlop 1.5mm pick for the past couple of years. It's quite rounded now, but you get used to it like that. I also have 2.0mm one's but I find they are just a tad too thick for me, so the 1.5mm works well. For strings I currently use Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottom (Red Package). Before them I was just using regular D'Addarios. They weren't a very good quality string, The Ernie Ball's are very nice. But if you just wanted to copy Angus, then yeah, Fender Extra Heavy Picks and Ernie Ball RPS-9 Slinky's. But finding whats comfortable for you would be more important.

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.