Forum

Forum

LEAVE IT ALONE...FOR F**KS SAKE!!!!

paulr
Member #12,725

Num Posts: 163

I bought the River Plate dvd yesterday and sat down to watch it with my son. The two of us were really looking forward to seeing it as the trailers looked brilliant. Crowd looked mental at the start, then came the chorus in "Train". The backing vocals are from the album! Ok, Keep going. Not too sure about BIB, then comes DD. Backing vocals are from the album! I walked away and left my son to watch the rest. Do they think that putting things in that are not supposed to be there, people aren't going to notice? I might be picking holes and i'm not for one minute thinking i'm the only one who notices these things but, for me, putting in overdubs on a live recording is not going to enhance the viewing and listening pleasure. It totally ruins it. Give me the bum notes, give me Malcolms scrawny backing vocals, give me the feed back. When you go to a concert, that is a whole part of the experience where you can come out and talk about what was the best and worse part of the gig. You dont want to come out and say " I love the way they put the backing vocals in from the album!!!!" AC/DC Dont use backing tapes, so why put them on things that we spend our hard earned money on? I was at Donington 91. I bootlegged it. On comparing my recording and the video and dvd, they are not the same show that I witnessed. On the same bill, Queensryche and Motley Crue used backing tapes. I can understand and have no problem in Queensryche using them. Its impossible to cart a 60 piece orchestra around for 200 shows. Thats what they use to get there music across in the best possible way. AC/DC dont use tapes, again, why ruin the experience? Is it just for the new fans who might think they are better singers than they really are? So, back to the dvd. Ive not watched anymore of it up to now. If I do, Ill keep it to myself coz I think Ive made my point. I just hope whoever brings out "Let There Be Rock" (Warners?) they don't piss it up against the wall the way Sony did with this.
dekx
Member #24,767

Num Posts: 12

hey man I totally agree... i've listened to the DVD audio rip in FLAC and it does sound good, but maybe too good?! thats why i preffer bootlegs...because of it's rawness!! i'm telling you that i'm just getting disapointed over and over again with ACDC these last few years... :( I really do hope they don't screw up LTBRTM! cheers!
daclarob
Member #7,861

Num Posts: 769

BIG FUCKIN BANG That will be the sound of you hitting the nail on the head Paul,saying no more,dont need to and no doubt it just causes disputes,but for me nothing will compare with the band on the brink of going mega playing Live Wire and fuckin it up,as you say its the wee things that make the gig memorable,2 hrs of perfection? As Dave Grohl says in the Lemmy movie,if its robots being perfect up there,yer as well going home and playing a video game,or buying a Kraftwerk ticket!!! Disappointed? maybe a bit,but hey ho,like myself,the best days are behind them
Patrick_Ronacher
Member #15,810

Num Posts: 504

LBTRTM canīt screw up like $ony does. Because the audio in the trailer reminded me on VHS version. But donīt expect it to be a masterpiece on Blu Ray. Maybe on DVD. And yeaht what they did on the on River Plate DVD/Blu Ray is blasphemy at itīs best. But itīs $ony. What do you honestly expect. :P Some people said, that they even screwed up the Iron Man 2 DVD back then. Because some stuff sounded thin compared to where thos tracks where first released. Ok b2t I still enjoyed the River Plate DVD what so ever. Mainly because how fit this guys still are after almost 40 years.
RnRDamnation
Member #254

Num Posts: 798

Couldn't agree more paul. A live album is a LIVE ALBUM!!!! All this shit about "perfect performance" and "technical perfection" is bullshit. Nicole Kidman is better with a moving forehead and AC/DC are better with feedback and mistakes! Save the technical perfection for the studio! If you're going to release a LIVE ALBUM, then make sure IT'S FUCKING LIVE!!! As for Queensryche and Motley Crue using backing tapes, I think that's bullshit, too. Surely Queensryche are talented enough to play in time to music, even to symphonic music. And Motley Crue - well, they're technically cut from the same live cloth as AC/DC. The only reason they have to use backing tapes is because they were too drunk or stoned to play their instruments that night, in which case they should have just cancelled the show and/or the whole fucking tour... As Chef Ramsay said on Kitchen Nightmares this week, "What's so special about something that's been sitting in the freezer for a week?"
twood10
Member #1,072

Num Posts: 47

It's full of them... glad I purchased it to see it (filmed well and all) but the same issue with it as the rest of ye... Take it off the soundboard raw and LEAVE IT BE... I'll listen to a bootleg any day rather than a disc with "fixed" audio... takes the feel out of it, and the question remains WHY DO IT?
sapator
Member #210

Num Posts: 1,619

I just agree,without listened or viewed a single full song from the dvd that i will never ever ever eeeever get! Waiting for LTBR, if they have fixed backing vocals then, well, i don't know, they can rot in hell or something. Of course FIRST download and then if it's worth the money grab it, simple. I mean WTF?This is not the band's fault but why the f$ck did they allow to do that to them?Are they retarder or something(oh sap is calling someone retarded again, oooohhh, nooo)?It wouldn't have sell less with proper vocals(i would still have not bought it but maybe gave it a view).
ros3
Member #23,267

Num Posts: 87

I think the lot of you are full of shit to be honest. Sorry but i think it's high time some of you were informed that the post's you are putting up are total bollocks. Ah no they used backing tracks, Ah no it's not like the live gig, Ah no moan moan fucking moan. Gie it the fuck up now with the constant fault finding. If you dont like the product released by the group then dont buy it. Fucksake.. Go listen to something else Fuck do you really think these downer coment's make a difference to what people think. Just grow the fuck up and dance along or shut the fuck up... I mean really shit... Whit a bunch of dweeb's...
paulr
Member #12,725

Withoot tryin tae bite tae the wee mans comments hear Nate, Ill jist try and end this hear and noo ma man. Aye I can understand yer patter pal, maybe some of the other brothers and sisters cannae! For a start, its an opinion. The main reason we are all on here. is because we all love bootlegs. Live music. The live experience. Ive loved this band since 1980. I was 9 years old when I heard Highway To Hell. Ive seen the band 15 times since, spent a packet buying everthing I could get my hands on. I dont know about you, but Im not really too keen on paying for something thats not the real thing. Live music is the real thing and when I heard what I heard on the new dvd, I was pissed off. Maybe people might want too dance along( As you say!) But you will probably find that alot of people on this fantastic site would rather voice their opinion, be it positive or negative. No disrespect to you ros3 but you cant come on here dissin peoples opinions. Its got some people banned and nobody wants to see anyone banned. If I dont agree with someones opinion I can do two things.1, I can come on and put my opinion across or 2, say nothing and move on. Its called conversation. Gie it a go, ye mite lap it up. Catch ye! Nate. Lock this one up bud. Think its went the course.
sapator
Member #210

Paulr , shut up and piss off!! :) Joking. I suppose i stοοd by them in the past now i will not support them letting $ony f#ck them (and us) in the ass. As you said i don't buy nothing from them anymore(with exception of collecting cd's pre 2008) but i believe i can express and opinion and i'm happy when i piss people off with that because they just show who they really are :) You broke the fuck posting record of mine btw ros!Thumbs up!
maj
Member #13,812

Num Posts: 53

I think it's alright that they're putting a polished piece of work out. Indeed more polished than any live thing they've ever released. In Fairness to AC/DC, there were nights on the "Black Ice" tour that they'd nailed certain songs better than ever. During that very long and hard tour, I'd bet money that they'd nailed every song on the setlist at least once. I think they deserve to polish it up a little. Especially if they'd kicked ass as hard as they did in Edmonton (August 26, 2009). WOW! It's all I can say from going to that show! Best show I've ever seen! Go easy on AC/DC, they're a wonderful band. If every band (on the international stage) we're as good as AC/DC, music would be a lot better these days. Unfortunately a lot of big bands (circa 2011) suck. Souless pop music. AC/DC is alright with me, as long as they don't start putting shit studio albums out. Haven't heard anything awful yet...Anyone agree?
paulr
Member #12,725

Nice one Sap. Its been an honour being insulted from a master like yourself. Dont get me wrong. When I went to see them at Hampden Park In Glasgow, they were amazing. They nailed it. Apart from the first time, It was the best. I personally preffered the amps and the lights show rather than the BIG show they do. Back pre 88. No bullshit, just the music. Im not knocking their success, its just my preference.
RockerBon
Member #10,015

Num Posts: 57

I just picked this Blu-ray up Sunday don’t think I want to open it from what everyone is saying, still counting down the days for the real deal Let There Be Rock on Blu-ray with the legendary Bon Scott this is when the band cared about their fans.........
ros3
Member #23,267

Num Posts: 87

Right here the thing Paulr.. First of im not wee i stand at over 6feet 7 inche's tall.. As for the "patter" i can post anyway i wish. So as for opinion's,.. well your opinion is that the new dvd is not up to scratch, fine that's your opinion. But whether you like it or not i also have an opinion, which is that everytime i come on this fantastic site there allways seems to be somebody bitching about the band (get's a bit tyresome). Like i stated if you dont like the product dont buy it.. Now i'm sorry if you feel i have insulted you Paulr that was not my intension. I intended to insult everyone who had left a post. Because in my opinion you are all wrong (that's my opinion and im alowed one too). See like you Paulr i am also a long term listener. I started listening in 1981 at the age of 8. And have listened ever since. And like you i have spent a bucket load of cash on my collection (although it's not a competition). I also attended the Hampden gig. Qued for 13 hour's overnight at the SECC to get 4 tickets for my family and me. And i agree with your comment's on that show. The banned thing you touch on,.. well so be it i have done nothing but air my opinion (i am alowed to do so). I love a good conversation and would love to have the chance to converse with you more as i believe you could have some valid and interesting thing's to say.. I would also like to add that i agree with everything that Maj posted. Best wishes Ross...
paulr
Member #12,725

Im not in the manner of resorting to insults. You obviously are.You did not offend me. Ive been called worse than a dweeb. Think Ill live after that one. Think we all will. Ill just choose my 2nd option and say no more and move on.As daclarob says no doubt it will cause disputes.
sapator
Member #210

Let me just add that if you are on this site to hear from everyone how great are DC to the fans and how lovely are the products they are feeding us with after 2008 then you will get pissed over and over and over again.As long as i'm here ;) The amplifier box crap and the iron fag are topping the list but i can't decide which is more pathetic... At least Warner is making the LTBR dvd, i have no doubt that Sony would somehow manage to dub Bon's vocals with Brian's .
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Num Posts: 393

if they do that sapator, I would be real pissed
sapator
Member #210

Lol, to tell you the truth, Walk all over you with Brian in Paris.... BON BON BON!

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.