Forum

Forum

High Voltage Typo

BonScott46t80
Member #4,095

Num Posts: 291

i was looking through my stack of AC/DC vinyl. and noticed that on the back cover of the the original Australian release of High Voltage, it lists "Soul Stripper" as being written by Angus and Malcolm. but on the label that is on the vinyl disc itself, it says written by Angus, Malcolm, AND Bon. on the CD version of that same album it lists the song being written by Angus, Malcolm, AND Bon. but on '74 Jailbreak it is once again listed as being written by just Angus and Malcolm. weird. if that was too confusing i'll make it a bit easier below. "Soul Stripper" Credits Back Cover of Vinyl Australian "High Voltage": Young-Young Vinyl Disc Label of Australian "High Voltage": Young-Young-Scott Back Cover of CD Australian "High Voltage": Young/Young/Scott Back Cover of Vinyl and CD "'74 Jailbreak": A. Young/M. Young rather confusing.....
AngusRudd1019
Member #25,163

Num Posts: 393

that's weird, but I think Bon helped write it.Soul Stripper is definitely one his kind of songs
nitroangus23
Member #22,835

Num Posts: 1,486

Well,Soul Stripper was one for the Pre-Bon songs, so I imagine the first version was written by Malcolm and Angus maybe Dave(?), then when Bon joined they re-worked it a bit and Bon changed up the lyrics, Like Can I Sit Next To You Girl. *That's just an assumption* As far as credit's go,it's probably a mix up is all.
fredperry
Member #23,408

Num Posts: 86

yes, exactly I totaly agree with flickofthethunderdeeds

Post a Reply

You must be signed in to post a response. Sign in here.